This Privacy & Cookies Policy sets out how we use and protect any information that you give when you use this website.
Shoo the Moon is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. Shoo the Moon may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are in agreement with any changes that have been made. This policy is effective from October 2016
What information we collect In operating our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website, such as when enquiry forms or shopping services
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason.
What we do with the information we gather? We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To provide you with the information requested from us, relating to our products or services (if applicable). To provide information on other products which we feel may be of interest to you, where you have consented to receive such information
- To meet our contractual commitments to you
- To notify you about any changes to our website, such as improvements or service/product changes or changes to the law relating to websites, that may affect our service
- If you are an existing customer, we may contact you with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.Any data that we have about you will never be passed on to any third parties.
Security We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. What is a Cookie? Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device. You can find more information about cookies at:
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improve the user experience. They can also help to ensure that adverts (if we run any) you see online are more relevant to you and your interests. The cookies used on this website have been categorised based on the categories found in the ICC UK Cookie Guide*. *International Chamber of Commerce
Category 1: strictly necessary cookies These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies services, you have asked for, like shopping baskets or e-billing, cannot be provided.
Category 2: performance cookies These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance, which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works. By using our website, you agree that we can place these type of cookies on your device.
Category 3: functionality cookies These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. For instance, a website may be able to provide you with local weather reports or traffic news by storing in a cookie the region in which you are currently located. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. By using our website, you agree that we can place these type of cookies on your device.
Category 4: targeting cookies or advertising cookies These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement, as well as help, measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisations.
What type of Cookies do we use? We only use Category 1, 2 & 3 Cookies.
Links to other websites Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing the StM Webmaster
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A fee of £10.00 will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to the address listed on our Contact page. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.e paragraphs.